The focus of the course is structural optimization. Students will learn concepts of optimization and work on a very hands-on exercise for shape, sizing, topology, topography, topometry and free-form optimization. They will learn to interpret and use optimization results. Students will be introduced to GENESIS and the design studio on the first two days of the course. On the third day of the course, examples of composite, frequency response topics will be discussed. Participants will be used to industrial applications and samples. Education is extremely interactive and can optionally bring students to their own problems.
- Basic information on finite element analysis
- Concepts of shape, sizing, topology, topography and topometry optimization
- Pre-optimization and post-optimization processing using Design Studio
- Visualization of results with design studio
- Mod monitoring, mesh morphing, and other specific topics
- Optimization with production constraints